Part One: Translate the following paragraphs into Chinese.(55 )
Passage I (20%)
Low in calories and fat, the banana is a perfect example ol a flavorful food that is exceptionally good for you. It contains a number of minerals, notably potassium (钾), one of the body’s most important elements. Potassium provides a counterbalancing action with sodium (钠)and is directly connected to proper fluid balance and overall muscle tone. A potassium shortage can lead to weakness，insomnia (失眠)，even an irregular heart rate, Keep up your natural potassium supply with a banana a day，sliced on cereal (谷物)，wrapped into pancakes or frozen on a stick.
Passage II (20%)
My real mother had quit school to go to work and help out at home. She was 19 when I was born, a tall tomhov with flyaway (散漫）blond hair and the wide shoulders，narrow hips and long legs of an athlete-which she was. In the grimmest circumstances my mother could always tind a bit ot fun, and she had a great shout of a laugh that explored like firecrackers (鞭炮). A neighbor often told me, “I love to hear your mother laugh.” That neighbor lived two houses away. Other mothers called their children home in a shakv soprano（女高音). My mother put two fingers to her ups and produced a whistle that could be heard , the next street.
Passage III (15%)
From this hill I have watched many moon rises. Each one had its own mood. There have been broad, confident harvest moons in autumn, shy，misty mooris in spring; lonely, white winter moons rising into the utter silence of anJnkzMack.sky and smoke-smudged orange moons over the dry fields of summer. Each, like fine music，excited my heart and then calmed my soul.
Part Two: Translate the following sentences into Chinese. (20%)
1. Her conduct is a problem to me.
2. Every one has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from
3. You’re more of a scholar than he is, but you’ve got less common sense.
4. It’s a good machine that works without power.
5. All his letters were not received.
Everything doesn’t cause cancer.
7. The factors which are likely to influence investment spending do not stop here.
8. Whether you like it or not，globalization is here to stay. We are not going to reverse the trend.
9. Our products, if maintained properly and regularly, can at least see twenty years’ service.
10. There is more to their life than political and social and economic problem,
more than transient everydayness.
III. Translate the following into English (10 points total, 2 points each)
IV. Translate the following sentences into English (25 points total, 5 points each )
V. Translate the following passages into English (40 points )
1. 西方人按下列顺序里餐；首先是开胃菜，其次是汤，再次是正式饭菜了，接 着是色拉（或凉拌菜），最后是甜点和茶或咖啡。
2. 国际知识产权贸易正以令人惊异的速度与日倶增。这种贸易极难估测，因为 很多知识产权都附着于产品之中。倘若你买了一辆宝马，买的虽是一件产品， 但同时也是在买设计该汽车的知识以及宝马公司生产该汽车使用的巧妙办法。（15 points)
3. 我们中国是世界上最大国家之一，它的领土和整个欧洲的面积差不多相等。 在这个广大的领土之上，有广大的肥田沃土，给我们以衣食之源：有纵横全国 的大小山脉，给我们生长了广大的森林，储藏了丰富的矿产；有很多的江河湖 泽给我们以舟楫和灌溉之利；有很长的交通海外个民族的方便。从很早的古代起，我们中华民族的祖先就劳动、生息、繁殖在这块广大的土地之上。(15 points)