I. Phrase Translation (30 points)
1. Big Ben: (伦敦英国议会大厦钟楼上的)大本钟; 大笨钟
2. CPI: 居民消费价格指数(Consumer Price Index)；消费者物价指数
3. Culture shock: 文化冲击，文化震惊(突然处于一个与前大不相同的社会和文化环境中因而感到困惑、忧虑、烦恼的心情)
4. FIFA: 国际足球联盟（Federation Internationale de Football Association）
5. FOB: 离岸价(free on board)；离岸价格
6. Force majeure: 不可抗力
7. Intellectual property rights: 知识产权
8. Language Acquisition Device: 语言习得装置；语言习得机制
9. Weapons of mass destruction: 大规模毁灭性武器
10. National Security Council: 美国国家安全委员会
11. NASDAQ: 全国证券交易商协会自动报价表(National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation); 美国纳斯达克
12. Swine flu: 猪流感
13. Word processing system: 文字处理系统
14. Wuthering Heights: 《呼啸山庄》(艾米莉·勃朗特于1848年出版的一本小说)
15. The Christian Science Monitor: 《基督科学箴言报》(是美国的一份国际性日报。）
Section B Chinese to English (15 points)
1. 保单号：Policy number
2. 财产保险：property insurance
3. 拆迁补偿费：compensation for demolition；compensation for demolition and resettlement
4. 孔子学院：Confucius Institute
5. 发改委：National Development and Reform Commission
6. 国民生产总值：Gross National Product ( GNP )
7. 《反分裂国家法》：anti-secession law
8. 灰色收入：gray income ; income from moonlighting
9. 六方会谈：Six-Party Talks
10. 内幕交易：insider trading; insider dealing
11. 《飘》：Gone with the Wind
12. 亲子鉴定：paternity test; paternity testing
13. “一条龙”服务: a one-stop services; one package service; coordinated-process service
14. 证监会: China Securities Regulatory Commission
15. 中国移动: China Mobile
II. Passage translation (120 points)
Section A English to Chinese (60 points)
Intelligent life on a planet comes of ages when it first works out the reason for its own existence. If superior creatures from space ever visit earth, the first question they will ask, in order to assess the level of our civilization, is: “Have they discovered evolution yet?” Living organisms had existed on earth, without ever knowing why, for over three thousand million years before the truth finally downed on one of them. His name was Charles Darwin. To be fair, others had had inklings of the truth, but it was Darwin who first put together a coherent and tenable account of why we exist. Darwin made it possible for us t give a sensible answer to the curious child whose question heads this chapter. We no longer have to resort to superstition when faced with the deep problems: Is there a meaning to life? What are we for? What is man? After posing the last of these questions, the eminent zoologist G. G. Simpson put it this: “The point I want to make now is that all attempts to answer that question before 1859 are worthless and that we will be better off if we ignore them completely.”
Today the theory of evolution is about as much open to doubt as the theory that the earth goes round the sun, but the full implications of Darwin’ s revolution have yet to be widely realized. Zoology is still a minority subject in universities, and even those who choose to study it often make their decision without appreciating its profound philosophical significance. Philosophy and the subjects known as “humanities” are still taught almost as if Darwin had never lived. No doubt this will change in time. In any case, this book is not intended as a general advocacy of Darwinism. Instead, it will explore the consequences of the evolution theory for a particular issue. My purpose is to examine the biology of selfishness and altruism.
(本文选自《自私的基因》（The Selfish Gene）, 作者理查德·道金斯（Richard Dawkins）,1976年出版。中英文下载地址为：http://emuch.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=5057404 也可直接向本站索取 翻译硕士真题网注）
Section B Chinese to English (60 points)
总部设在德克萨斯州的全球语言监测机构运用一套数学公式来追踪词和短语的使用频率。根据其年度调查， “漏油” （spillcam）和 “呜呜祖拉” （vuvuzela）成为 2010 年最热门词汇。
呜呜祖拉是一种颜色鲜艳的塑料喇叭， 发出的嗡嗡声单调低沉， 成了南非世界杯足球赛 的标志，后来这种喇叭在欧洲冠军联赛等欧洲足球比赛中被禁用。
此外，该调查还表明，中国国家主席胡锦涛和苹果公司的新产品 iPad 在年度热词名字 榜单中排行最靠前。 (原文地址：www.chinadaily.com.cn/language_tips/news/2010-11/15/content_11552496.htm 翻译硕士真题网注）
参考译文：The Texas-based survey uses a math formula to track the frequency of words and phrases.
“Spillcam” and “vuvuzela” were the top words of 2010, according to a survey released on Sunday.
Spillcam became a household phrase describing the live video of the ruptured sea well in the Gulf Of Mexico that earlier this year led to the world’s biggest offshore oil spill.
It declared that President Hu Jintao of China and Apple’s new iPad were the two top names of the year on a list.
Vuvuzela — the bright colored plastic horns with a monotonous droning sound became the hallmark of the World Cup soccer tournament in South Africa. They were later banned from European soccer competitions like the UEFA Champions League.
暨南大学MTI 2010-2013 真题下载：百度云